Position offer - Digital energy engineer
Type of position
Full-time position – permanent contract - Based in Grenoble –
Founded in 2017 by Benjamin Guinot and Jean-Luc Picot, SEED-Energy develops and markets the innovative ODYSSEY software solution for investment decision-making in multi-energy and multi-technology systems (electricity, heat, natural gas, hydrogen, conventional production, renewable production, energy conversion and storage, etc.).
The ODYSSEY software, originally developed at the CEA Grenoble 10 years ago, combines digital twins and artificial intelligence to assess the profitability and environmental performances of new energy systems. The software provides the necessary information for investment decision-making in a system that supply one or several energy needs (heating, cooling, electricity, mobility, etc.) and in a sustainable way. ODYSSEY is labeled "Efficient Solution" by Solar Impulse Foundation and as such is one of the 1000 solutions in the world for the preservation of the climate and the environment.
SEED Energy offers tailor-made support for its customers (energy producers, local authorities, industrial companies, engineering firms) in the analysis of their energy systems, with the will to help them gain more autonomy over the technical and economic choices and to reduce their environmental impact by promoting the introduction of sustainable and renewable energies.
Within SEED-Energy and under the supervision of the technical director, you will be in charge of contributing to the development of the software ODYSSEY. This includes the development and implementation in ODYSSEY of new components models, new energy carriers, control strategies, generic functionalities, user interfaces, etc. These developments will either result from customer needs/specifications or internal needs. The related sub-missions will be:
- Attend meetings with prospects or customers and SEED-Energy commercial team or attend internal SEED-Energy meetings to listen to the needs and understand the related objectives;
- Identify the gaps between current ODYSSEY capabilities and the identified new needs. If necessary, translate these needs into development specifications for Odyssey. Write development specifications for review and discussion;
- Realize the developments, tests and validation of the specifications.
- Update SEED-Energy database of components models and controls descriptions (English)
You will also be occasionally in charge of performing techno-economic studies of energy systems using the software ODYSSEY. The related sub-missions will be:
- Construction of the energy system with ODYSSEY
- Configuration of the different components models and controls
- Construction of a simulation plan
- Realization of the simulation plan (individual simulations, optimization, sensitivity analyses)
- Construction of study reports
Finally, some if not most of these developments will have a strong Research & Development connotation.
This position requires an engineering degree and/or PhD degree
- Be autonomous, organized, curious, creative, innovative
- Good communication skills
- Have a strong interest in the renewable energy ecosystem and the environment
- Strong skills and experience Microsoft Office tools (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Fluent in English
- Have knowledge on the off-grid and micro-grid sectors
- Have knowledge of the hydrogen sector (technologies, applications, market)
- Have knowledge on heating and cooling networks sectors
- Be proficient in C++
- Have a good understanding and knowledge of Qt libraries
- Have a good understanding and knowledge of Python language
Is this position for you?
This position is for you if you are an experienced software developer (minimum 3 years in C++) and would like to apply your skills and expertise to the energy sector with the ambition to create a tool that can help the community of energy actors design more sustainable energy systems.
This position is for you if you are an experienced engineer in the energy sector with a passion for software development when it becomes a required tool to achieve your goals.
Finally, this position is for you if you have a strong appetite for research activity in energy and computer science.
Are you interested?
Send your CV and cover letter to Benjamin Guinot at email@example.com